Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Telnet.  (Read 4956 times)

Ivy

Telnet.
« on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
I  recently read about this service called Telnet (An Internet communications protocol that enables a computer to function as a terminal working from a remote computer)
I came to know that to start a remote login session , the user has to type the command telnet and the adress of the remote computer on the terminal of his/her local computer, the user then recieves a prompt asking to enter a login name and a password to ensure that the user has the access rights for accessing the remote computer and after that the user can use the remote computer to process data that he/she sents through the terminal computer.

I  was wondering what adress and password are these. please throw some light on this.
because i have a few questions on my mind.
thanks.

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Telnet.
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:25:49 AM »
    You may want to start by reading this thread:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,39571.0.html

If you got anymore questions I'll try answering them the best I can.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »
      You would be better off using Remote Desktop or something like it.  I like the program VNC.  You can find more info about it here.

Ivy

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:06:23 AM »
      thanks a lot guys :), now i know quite a lot about telnet, thanks for the links.