Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't right click.  (Read 25452 times)

JPH

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Can't right click.
    « Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 06:25:10 PM »
    Hooray! Rock and Roll! :D That did it. is there anything else I need to clean-up? What about all my virus spyware programs. What to keep? what to dump? Thanks.

Great! I'm glad you're computer is finally back to normal.  ;D

It wouldn't hurt for you to keep all those security apps, obviously McAfee did a poor job of protecting you. You can remove HiJackThis now, you can always download the newest version again if a situation like this arises plus you can really damage your PC by removing the wrong things. I suggest making a habit of scanning your machine once a week with SUPERAntispyware and/or Ad-Aware at the very least, don't forget to update the detection databases first. You also might want to look into Spyware Terminator which offers free real-time protection.

Also, now that you are back to normal I recommend turning system restore back on and setting a new restore point.

- JPH

cjb445

Re: Can't right click.
    « Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »
    That was alot of hard work. Thank you for being tenacious. Suggestions for support of your efforts?