Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Simple ? and oh yeah I am computer illiterate. lol  (Read 2240 times)

mshardworking

Simple ? and oh yeah I am computer illiterate. lol
« on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »
Can a person connect to their dial up connection if they have fast internet service on their computer as their main Internet service?   If so, how? I want to use a different isp when I am using my fast internet sometimes. I have a dial service provider on my computer. Do I have to hook my phone line back up if I want to use my dial up?  I am slow so forgive me.  lol  Thanks in advance to whoever answers.    Kat

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Simple ? and oh yeah I am computer illiterate. lol
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 10:23:01 PM »
Unless your Internet Service Provider offers dial-up as well as the broadband connection you'd first need to have a dial-up service for this to work.

However, yes. You could do this, although unless you're leaving your computer with broadband I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to do this.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

mshardworking

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 12:21:06 PM »
well when I was using my dial up before I went to fast service I have 2 blasting submitter software that worked fine with the dial up, but with the fast service the submitters are submitting so fast until its not submitting my ads at all. Until I find out why I cant use the submitters with my fast service I will keep using the dial up.  its a free dial up service so no out of pocket $$$. I was using the dial up just for that purpose. The submitters work fine with the dial up but I hate going through the hassle of keep switching from dial up to my fast service.           

Thanks anyway Kat

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
I don't understand that a connection could be too fast for transmitting data...
I think we are going to need more details on what you are trying to accomplish and with what software.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "