Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

What word processor are you using?

Apple Pages
2 (0.7%)
Google Docs
2 (0.7%)
Microsoft Word
205 (74.8%)
Microsoft WordPad
8 (2.9%)
OpenOffice
23 (8.4%)
Zoho Writer
1 (0.4%)
Other
10 (3.6%)
None
6 (2.2%)
Corel WordPerfect
9 (3.3%)
Microsoft Works
8 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: October monthly poll  (Read 56709 times)

CameronY

Intermediate

Re: October monthly poll
    « Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 05:48:16 AM »
    Word for all my formal documentation (formal correspondence, tenders, procedures, policies, etc).  Then I PDF them before they go to the outside world. ;)

For install instructions and all scripting gaff, I use UltraEdit V13.

McFarlane

Rookie

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 09:24:06 AM »
      I use Microsoft Office Word 2007. I used that when I was working
      so I am used to it.  I used Wordperfect  many many years ago when it was "the word processing" program

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
        « Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 09:48:04 AM »
        M$ word 2001, 2003, 2007, open office, notepad for my website..

and so far i kinda like M$ 2007

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
          • Yes
          • Technology News and Information
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 04:55:18 PM »
        For everything I do, I have really grown to be a big fan of online word processors

Its almost like Email, in a way... if you have a Google account, I strongly recommend you check out www.docs.google.com and see how it is. Right now, they only have Documents (like MS Word), Spreadsheets (like Excel) and the newest feature is Presentation (PowerPoint)

I dont think you see ads at all when you are creating/editing documents (I have AdblockPlus, so I don't know) which is convenient.

ultimatum

Intermediate
          « Reply #49 on: October 24, 2007, 11:52:29 AM »
          I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 for for everything; I like the new design, everything is much organized.
          Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
            • Yes
          « Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »
          I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 for for everything; I like the new design, everything is much organized.
          Would you call it easier to use though? Or just better in layout?
          I am very curious of how it is to actually use in front of your actual computer (not just samples through the web browser)
          Is it faster than Word 2003/2000/1997?

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
          • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Computer Hope
          « Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 05:31:14 PM »
          Takes a lot to get used to at first, it's new design is a lot different then all previous versions. But after a week or so of using it it does become a lot easier to use and figure it out. I'd assume most new users would find 2007 a lot easier than previous versions.

As far as speed depends on your computer but the laptop I've ran it on seems about the same as all previous versions of Word.

You can try the 2007 Office trial here if you're really curious about it.
          Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
          -Albert Einstein

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
            • Yes
          « Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 05:32:45 PM »
          Takes a lot to get used to at first, it's new design is a lot different then all previous versions. But after a week or so of using it it does become a lot easier to use and figure it out. I'd assume most new users would find 2007 a lot easier than previous versions.

As far as speed depends on your computer but the laptop I've ran it on seems about the same as all previous versions of Word.

You can try the 2007 Office trial here if you're really curious about it.
          I am truly afraid of Microsoft trials for office applications...
          But, how could it hurt?
          I might have to try it out.

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
            « Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
            I use Office 2007, and like it a lot better than all previous versions. The thing that stinks is that to have the database I would have to get the Ultimate version... but I guess I could use OOo instead.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
              • Yes
            « Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »
            I use Office 2007, and like it a lot better than all previous versions. The thing that stinks is that to have the database I would have to get the Ultimate version... but I guess I could use OOo instead.
            I was never a huge fan of Open Office Base, its not great for creating mass-mail letters, but, it certainly does work.
            I was just looking through the packages as well, and was quite disappointed by the fact that Access isnt included in the basic packages. I am about to install the Home and Student trial though.

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
              « Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »
              I was never a huge fan of Open Office Base, its not great for creating mass-mail letters, but, it certainly does work.
              I was just looking through the packages as well, and was quite disappointed by the fact that Access isnt included in the basic packages. I am about to install the Home and Student trial though.
              That's the one I have, I wonder if you can get Access separately...

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
                • Yes
              « Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »
              I think so, but its hard to find. I know you can get individual application trials, but I dont know how sales on individual products work exactly

I can guarantee its overly priced

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
                « Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »
                I think so, but its hard to find. I know you can get individual application trials, but I dont know how sales on individual products work exactly

I can guarantee its overly priced
                Yeah. Problem is, having Office XP Pro got me used to having Access...

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
                  « Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 06:56:13 PM »

ultimatum

Intermediate
                    « Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »
                    Would you call it easier to use though? Or just better in layout?
                    I am very curious of how it is to actually use in front of your actual computer (not just samples through the web browser)
                    Is it faster than Word 2003/2000/1997?

Yes it is easier to use it when you get to know the layout better because at first you won't know where all the settings are and it could be frustrating to find them. But, when you do find them and you're familiar with them its a lot easier to use MS Word, MS Excel plus it got a lot of cool things that will just make everything else easier. For example, in Excel my favorite thing is how they summed all the functions in one tab and you can easy choose whichever one you want unlike the previous versions.
                    Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!