Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mobile phone as modem  (Read 4974 times)

treb_812

Mobile phone as modem
« on: October 14, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »
I have a mobile phone with GPRS. How can I use my phone as modem so that my desktop pc can connect to the internet?

joeloffelsienes

Beginner

Re: Mobile phone as modem
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:32:01 AM »
    can i know what is the model and unit of you're mobile phone?
    i've watch a movie the guy use his mobile phone then connect to his laptop.
    then he got a connection he send and receive an e-mail.

so till me what is the model of you're phone?

his phone is a 3g phone n70.
    joeloffelsienes

Sid

Apprentice
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:37:01 PM »
      I have a mobile phone with GPRS. How can I use my phone as modem so that my desktop pc can connect to the internet?

Have you got a cd full of software for your phone, and a way of connecting your phone and computer?

If so, wack the cd in, and follow the instructions.

iman

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 04:29:50 PM »
      Connect ur phone to the PC if ur phone is a PnP device the computer will install the driver automatically. But if it's not you have to install the driver manually with the CD that came with the phone. After installing the driver your phone will be detected now setup up ur internet ur connection to use the phone for browsing.

pudco

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »
      I used to do this with my verizon v3m razr..  I dont' know about gprs, but I know with verizon unless you pay for the broadband package you get 14.4K connection, I never used it to do anything with browsing, AIM and Yahoo messenger only.  Even going to google was like a 20 second wait...aweful.  Totally not worth it in my opinion....  I can't realy help you set it up though I know with motorola you can use the mobile phone tools but once again that's only going to give you a very slow connection.  Plus it depends on what type of service you get in your area.  with verizon I had digital but I never got evdo becuase we don't have that here. so I only had the 14.4 if you have the broadband network in your area you MIGHT be able to get high speeds, I don't know, but good luck with it..

Jay

pudco

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:10:58 PM »
      Connect ur phone to the PC if ur phone is a PnP device the computer will install the driver automatically. But if it's not you have to install the driver manually with the CD that came with the phone. After installing the driver your phone will be detected now setup up ur internet ur connection to use the phone for browsing.

Um Just becuase something is plug and play doesn't neccessarrily mean windows OR windows update has a driver for it.. I don't mean to argue with you I just don't want to mislead people...  Google searched "define: plug and play"--

Plug and Play is a technology that can reduce conflicts between computer devices by automatically configuring them at startup. However, for it to work properly your BIOS and your Operating System both must support PnP, and the device being configured must be a Plug and Play device. ...

Sid

Apprentice
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »

Um Just becuase something is plug and play doesn't neccessarrily mean windows OR windows update has a driver for it.. I don't mean to argue with you I just don't want to mislead people...  Google searched "define: plug and play"--

Plug and Play is a technology that can reduce conflicts between computer devices by automatically configuring them at startup. However, for it to work properly your BIOS and your Operating System both must support PnP, and the device being configured must be a Plug and Play device. ...

If people are wrong, just say "Oi.  You're wrong, stop being an idiot."

It's much simpler that way.