Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is ther anyway to set the position of a new console window after using "start"  (Read 3130 times)

Z-Funk

The title of the thread pretty much describes what I would like to know.  The "Start" command opens up a new console window, but the seem to open up pretty much in the same position when you open multiple windows, so is there any way to set where they will open prior to using the start command?

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
You mean to change position of this:

contrex

You mean to change position of this:

(picture of Windows XP Start Button menu)

I don't think he means that. If you read the post, it seems pretty clear that he's talking about the command prompt START command.

Z-Funk, as far as I know this is not easily possible in standard XP command language, but there is an extra command called CMDOW which you can download which will allow you to do this.

http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdow/

Z-Funk

Contex, yes you understood my question completely (why would I ask where to change the XP start window in a DOS forum?)

Anyway, thanks Contex.

One last thing, is there any way to close other console windows that you've opened up using the "start" command.  "exit" only closes the one you're currently working with.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 06:47:18 AM by Z-Funk »

contrex

One last thing, is there any way to close other console windows that you've opened up using the "start" command.  "exit" only closes the one you're currently working with.

CMDOW will do this also.