Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! I overwrote Windows 2000 Prof over 2 partitions-have no cd-rom drive now!!  (Read 4419 times)

taleese

Hello, my situation looks hopeless. Maybe someone can help. I attempted to overwrite windows 2000 professional over a previous installation of Windows 2000 Professional, because the previous installation was having problems and appeared to be missing components. I made a terrible mistake and overwrote and formatted both the Drive/C and Drive D/ with Windows 2000 Professional (Please don't ask why or how)
Anyway, when I installed everything and restarted the computer....I no longer can install anything from the CD-rom drive....it seems to not exist anymore now. Windows 2000 Professional is working as it should, except the display adapters appear to be missing some colors in regards to the pixels....but the real issue is that when I tried to re-install all my software....it doesn't read my CD-Rom drive anymore so I can't place any software disks into the CD-rom drive, as it says it is incorrect and doesn't read it.

WHAT DID I DO? AND CAN THIS BE FIXED? ( IF I EXPLAINED WHAT I DID PROPERLY)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
except the display adapters appear to be missing some colors in regards to the pixels
You just need to download, and install new video driver, and you're gonna be fine.

As for CD drive...is it visible in Device Manager?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
You can make a 4  floppy disk set from the below site.

Do you have a floppy drive?

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.