Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth + Wifi  (Read 3268 times)

chriscool9

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
    Bluetooth + Wifi
    « on: October 28, 2007, 03:38:38 AM »
    Hey there guys,
    Well basically I have had my wireless working flawlessly for about 2 years. However yesterday I installed my bluetooth dongle on to my laptop and now all of a sudden the wireless just wont work on Windows, but yet does on my Ubuntu. From this I know its not a router or hardware problem because like I said its working fine on my Ubuntu.
     In WIndows my light on the front of my laptop tells me that the wireless is connected and so does the little icon in the taskbar. However when I try to connect to the Internet either by FIrefox or IE I just get the standard 'Page cannot be found' message. Im thinking that my laptop is now trying to connect to the internet via my Bluetooth.
    I think I should mention that it does this even with the Dongle unplugged. The dongle is a Belkin FT8012XX1, and the laptop is XP SP2 and the Wireless card is a Broadcom.
    I don't want to uninstall the software, I shouldn't have to, it should just work.
    Anyone have ANY solutions?!
    Thanks

Chris

I also think its worth mentioning that it has done exactly the same with my sisters laptop.
    Oh and I forgot that I cant go on the Belkin website, for some reason it just never loads for me. It's been like that for a good few months, even before I installed the Dongle, though sometimes if I go through a proxy I sometimes can get to it...

99 Problems and London's one of them

Sid

Apprentice
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Bluetooth + Wifi
      « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:04:43 PM »
      Hey there guys,
      Well basically I have had my wireless working flawlessly for about 2 years. However yesterday I installed my bluetooth dongle on to my laptop and now all of a sudden the wireless just wont work on Windows, but yet does on my Ubuntu. From this I know its not a router or hardware problem because like I said its working fine on my Ubuntu.
       In WIndows my light on the front of my laptop tells me that the wireless is connected and so does the little icon in the taskbar. However when I try to connect to the Internet either by FIrefox or IE I just get the standard 'Page cannot be found' message. Im thinking that my laptop is now trying to connect to the internet via my Bluetooth.
      I think I should mention that it does this even with the Dongle unplugged. The dongle is a Belkin FT8012XX1, and the laptop is XP SP2 and the Wireless card is a Broadcom.
      I don't want to uninstall the software, I shouldn't have to, it should just work.
      Anyone have ANY solutions?!
      Thanks

Chris

I also think its worth mentioning that it has done exactly the same with my sisters laptop.
      Oh and I forgot that I cant go on the Belkin website, for some reason it just never loads for me. It's been like that for a good few months, even before I installed the Dongle, though sometimes if I go through a proxy I sometimes can get to it...

It should jsut work probably isn't the right attitude to take...but anyway:

What have you got under Network Connections?

(It's on the Control Panel)

Also, can you access the router page, by putting the routers IP in your web browser?

chriscool9

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: Bluetooth + Wifi
        « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
        Hey,
        Thanks or the reply but what I did was uninstall it but then reinstall it, but without Networking Capabilities.
        Thanks alot anyway

Chris

99 Problems and London's one of them