Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer BIOS Language change  (Read 4619 times)

Wally

Acer BIOS Language change
« on: December 13, 2004, 04:11:38 PM »
I have a PC with Acer M11EJ-1A motherboard with Acer V3.1 RO1-A2 F1 EN 10.15/98 BIOS
For some strange reason, the Bios has changed from English to some other strange language with lot's of smiley card icons.
The computer still operates normally but I cannot make any changes in the BIOS without knowing what I'm reading.
Any ideas on how to restore the original language would be gratefully accepted ???
I have taken a digital photo of the screen as it now appears and would be happy to send this off as a visual reference.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Acer BIOS Language change
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 04:13:23 PM »
    I don't think there are any offical languages with smilies in it
    :) ;) :D ;D >:( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(
    Is there some kind of reset / return to default? Look in the manuel... there might be screenshots of an English version... try find out if there is one and where it is.

merlin_2

Re: Acer BIOS Language change
    « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 01:57:05 PM »
    scan for spyware /trojans/worms.who is taking a break normally posts this ;) disable system restore and disconnect from the net after you downloading any spyware../adware/ stinger/ programs....>>>> does this happen all  the time?? or while connected to the net... Bios keys are F1, F2, CTRL+ALT+ESC ......chose setup defaults......save and exit......does it still do it??have you got  a firewall......and is it configured right..
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 02:08:39 PM by merlin_2 »