Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help!!! I literally have bugs in my laptop  (Read 2319 times)

Globalgirl74

Help!!! I literally have bugs in my laptop
« on: November 05, 2007, 04:24:06 PM »
I bought a laptop online, and a few days ago saw a baby roach crawl onto the screen. Have seena few more afterwards now. What do I do? Have been keeping it in a garbage bag when not in use but probably have to fumigate whole room now? Have maybe seen 5 total.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Help!!! I literally have bugs in my laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:04:01 PM »
Yikes! Well I'll speak for probably everyone on the forums, but this type of issue is not something that commonly happens, especially with a laptop (have dealt with issues like this on desktops).

What I do or recommend for users with a desktop computer is to open the case and clean it out, which is what you'll have to end up getting someone to do for you. While fumigating the computer and house will help kill the bugs. If there happens to be bugs in the laptops that end up getting killed having them in the laptop could be potentially bad for the internal parts of the laptop.

I'd suggest taking the computer to a local computer shop that can repair laptops and having them open the laptop and clean it out for you.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Globalgirl74

Re: Help!!! I literally have bugs in my laptop
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »
Thanks so much. Will do asap.