Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ntoskrnl.exe error after deleting cookie that nav detected  (Read 1843 times)

npoon

ntoskrnl.exe error after deleting cookie that nav detected
« on: November 24, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
so after i deleted the cookie, my system froze up and then when i did a soft reboot i got an error message that ntoskrntl.exe was corrupted.  i am using a pavilion a1630n, so basically i only have a system restore/recovery disk and not the actual winxp disk.  after the reboot i attempted F8 to go to the last known config-no response.  attempted again-still no response.  then i pulled the power plug from the back of the computer and the computer booted back into winxp ????  i tried it again and it booted back again????  so the question now is
1. if i get the error message again, can i rebuild the boot.ini file by using a different winxp disk?  (ie. not the same one that came with system because basically system did not come with any win xp disks per se)
2.  what could have caused this and how can i prevent this from happening in the future

thanking for you in advance

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: ntoskrnl.exe error after deleting cookie that nav detected
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 05:17:19 PM »