Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help please motherboard/gfx card  (Read 1890 times)

remi

help please motherboard/gfx card
« on: November 24, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »
i know some about computers and have researched but could not find the answer.. I have a nVidia MCP61 motherboard with an integrated Geforce 6150SE nForce 430 gfx card... with this board can I buy another gfx card to add to it for better performance. and if so... what  the best card I can get in around the 100 dollar price range. thanks

homer

Expert
    Re: help please motherboard/gfx card
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
    no, you cannot add another card to increase performance. to do that you must have an SLI or Crossfire motherboard and 2 SLI or Crossfire compatible VGA cards. (SLI is the term nvidia uses and Crossfire is the term ATI uses.)

for a graphics card around a hundred bucks... this one is $140, but it will be a massive improvment on the integrated one.

remi

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:12:27 PM »
    I said I have an integrated gfx... so I still have a slot for a pci express gfx card... and I upgraded my watt from 250 too 500... and gfx card recomendations?

homer

Expert
      « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »
      my apologizes, but when you said "add to it," i assumed you ment going SLI. as for my reccomended graphics card, its in my last post. click on the blue word.

remi

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 06:26:22 PM »
      nah its ok.. i just am not sure what I am doing and didnt know how to properly explain.. no offense taken