Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: “Brave Sentry – BS 2.0” Windows XP Professional  (Read 3358 times)

KRamos120

“Brave Sentry – BS 2.0” Windows XP Professional
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:42:42 PM »
Currently I am experiencing a problem with a Dell Insprion 600M laptop, operating system Windows XP Professional.  The problem began yesterday evening during which my desktop background became black and stated, “Your computer is in Danger.  Windows Security center has detected spyway/adware infection!  It is strongly recommended to use special antispyware tool to prevent data loss.”  Seconds later a balloon appeared in the lower left hand corner, which stated, “Your computer is infected.  Windows has detected spyware infection. It is strongly recommended to use special antispyware tool to prevent data loss.  Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.  Click here to protect your computer from spyware.”  After which a box appeared “Brave Sentry – BS 2.0” and began scanning my computer for potential damages, listing different malwares (Trojan X Download, Win Desktop, Hotbar toolbar, Keenvalue/Perfect NAV, Internexus Dialer, Gatordone, etc.) and the threats (severe, high, etc.) they posed.   Not ever encountering this problem I let the program run.  After the program detected about 27 possible threats the scan stopped and the “remove threat” button appeared.  In clicking on the “remove threat” button, another box appeared titled “BS Evaluation Version Warning” underneath the title there was a brief paragraph, which stated “This version of BS is for evaluation purposes only.  The removal feature is disabled.  You may scan your PC to locate malware threats.  To be able to remove threats found you should purchase a license.”  Under the paragraph were two buttons the first being “purchase licenses” and the second being “continue evaluating.”  Below the two buttons there was a sentence that read “BS activation, if you have already purchased a licenses please enter the activation code below.”  Underneath the statement the third button being “Activate BS Now!”  Since this issue began, I am unable to connect to the Internet even when the computer is directly plugged into the modem and/or the wireless router is used.  The computer however, detects the wireless router, which it states is giving off a strong signal.  Lastly, there is another box which appears and is titled “Warning!” with the sentence “Get free *censored* now!” along with two buttons “OK” and “Cancel.”  If at all possible, I would greatly appreciate someone assisting me with this problem. 

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced