Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: which laptop is better  (Read 1700 times)

tickle

which laptop is better
« on: December 01, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »
Hi my name is Trish. I have no idea of forum etiquette so please forgive any....rudeness..? My dilemma is this- I have the opportunity to buy 1 of 2 laptops and I would love some advice as to which of the 2 is the better laptop & why. I will only mainly be using it at home for hobby stuff    , kids, budget, photos & downloading a bit of music and a movie or 2. 1 is a HP dv 600 or 6000 and the other is a Toshiba sat M200. Oh and I only have a power cord for the Toshiba, I would have to acquire 1 for the HP. (sorry) Unless some one could also tell me whether or not the power cord from a HP compaq nc8430 would fit it also. I will add the reason for my query-Because a friend of mine had 1 of the HP dv's and fried it totally useless by using a wrong cord. Any help, advice greatly appreciated. Thanx. :)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: which laptop is better
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 10:05:10 AM »
Since any new laptop is going to come with a power cord, I don't understand your point about power cords. 

Any particular reason you've mentioned those two models?  Or, is it actually three models? You say HP DV 600 or 6000,  so does that mean DV600 or DV6000, two different models?  By the way, I found neither DV600 nor DV6000 or newegg.com, a major online seller in the U.S.