Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer bios help  (Read 5163 times)

gonzo

Computer bios help
« on: December 26, 2004, 05:57:36 PM »
I want my compter to go faster. I go to the bios on my windows XP computer and they have 4 higher speed settings. But it says to go even higher i need to set my mother board to jumperfree mode. How do i do that. Plz help ???

2k dummy

Re: Computer bios help
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 06:34:11 PM »
If you don't know the in's and out's of overclocking, I suggest you don't play with fire. Your CPU and motherboard could get thoroughly toasted. Just because your bios says you can do it, it doesn't mean your components can handle it.

gonzo

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 07:14:14 PM »
ok thankz but i just want to know anyways

Corrosive

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 02:08:40 PM »

martinweston

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 08:09:48 AM »
I have to agree with 2k dummy, i wouldn't play about with it.

Using pencil on the cpu, wacking on bigger HS and adding fans, randomly increasing the V until its stable and crossing your fingers are just some of the joys on the overclocking path!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »
    ok thankz but i just want to know anyways

With all due respect my friend.........Don't even think about it ......or as Confusious says ....."Newbie who overclocks his or her pc will have great misfortune befall them."
    If your looking for better performance....consider upgrading your CPU , ram , cooling etc. .....check your MOBO specs to see if it will support a faster CPU.

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.