Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Playing anything  (Read 3025 times)

Heide Roberts

Playing anything
« on: April 14, 2004, 03:32:26 PM »
When I play anything on my computer, wav, midi or even videos, it palys too fast, sounding like a chipmunk. I have WIn2000 with a AC'97 soundcard. Even the "chimes" are fast. ???

Joleen

Re: Playing anything
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 05:50:16 AM »
Take a look at your playback speed in Media Player.  Go to View-Enhancements-Play Speed Settings.  Is it all sounds (like games) or just windows sounds.

justnice44

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 09:01:50 AM »
I did as you advised, there is no "Play back speed" in the drop down. At the enhancements window there is show enhancements, the equalizer, media link, srs wow, and video settings. I don't have any games on this computer, but I believe it's all sounds.

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:49:07 PM »
Can you try a game online or one of the games that comes with Windows?  If your video plays fast as well as sound then it's shouldn't be your audio or video.

wrathchild_67

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 04:16:42 PM »
Do you have a Compaq Deskpro computer with a Pentium III processor around 733-933MHz? If so, you need the Soundmax audio drivers. It is the only solution to your problem. I came across this at work once. Download the drivers here:

http://ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp17001-17500/sp17017.exe

Please post back if the solution works. It's frustrating to people who take the time post solutions and never hear back on whether the advice worked.