Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2K Install Problem  (Read 2267 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Windows 2K Install Problem
    « on: December 27, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »
    I get this thing while I'm surfing that says Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office 2000 Small Bussiness.  Then it ask for the disk.   I put in win 2k and browser for the file called data1.msi.  Any clue what this is?
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows 2K Install Problem
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 08:54:40 PM »
    When it asks for the disc, are you putting in the Office disc, or the Windows disc?

My recommendation is that you let the installer finish, or, reinstall Microsoft Office. This usually happens when a feature is changed in the program, and it needs to get the data again.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 02:39:47 AM »
      I was thinking that is was a windows problem. ???  I'll try that
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:56:22 AM »
      If I recall correctly that's the data file to install add-on's not originally installed with Office 2000 You'll need to use the Office 2000 CD and not the Win 2k CD.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein