Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Enter The Matrix Video Error  (Read 9136 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Enter The Matrix Video Error
    « on: December 27, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »
    I installed The Matrix on my system an when I run it the intro is all distorred.  I have a PCI Video Card Radeon.  If this is any help
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Enter The Matrix Video Error
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »
    No, not really any help.

Need to know full system specs.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
      I installed The Matrix on my system an when I run it the intro is all distorred.  I have a PCI Video Card Radeon.  If this is any help

Okay I wasn't sure if that would really help or not.  Any way Its one I built so its a Pentium 4 Socket 478, BioStar Board P4M80-M4, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 300 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeoon X 1300.  I think that is the right video card but I can find the details about it right know.  But like the screen is all distored but I hear sound and then its okay but I can see any of the videos
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:12:24 AM »
      Have you checked to see if you have the latest patch for the game and the latest video driver for your card?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 02:52:49 AM »
      You can locate video drivers at: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Also get the game patch at:
      http://www.gamershell.com/download_2198.shtml
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 06:11:51 AM »
        I already tried it with an with out the patch and I updated my video card drive but I still get that error

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Computer Hope
        « Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 06:22:21 AM »
        Are you able to bypass the intro and adjust the video settings within the game for example changing the resolution, anti-alias (if available), and other qualities?
        Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
        -Albert Einstein

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 09:15:28 AM »
          I am able to get into the game its self and change the options.  So I should change it to be higher since the graphics card is faster then whats recomened?  But I'm have Hardware trouble right know, so just give me somethings that I could try or just setting adjustments or whatever it is.

Cowz

Beginner

• Moo
            « Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

To show us the full specs which is needed, or this could by a patch problem but this is what you do. for XP im assuming

Start>Run>"Dxdiag">Ok

(without the " " )
            Yes that is me in the avatar.

-Cowz

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Computer Hope
            « Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »
            You'll have to play with the settings. Try increasing and decreasing values and see if it has any effect on the distortion.
            -Albert Einstein

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »
              I tried useing two of the differnt settings before the game loaded but it did seem to have changed the intro and the rest of the movies in the game.
              « Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 04:48:24 AM by squall_01 »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 04:58:34 AM »
                Is my video card to strong?  Cause it was made during the days of pent 3. 

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • Computer Hope
                « Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
                I don't think it would be too strong. But it's possible maybe it's not strong enough, which ATI video card is it?
                -Albert Einstein

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »
                  Radeon x1300 PCI

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                    • Computer Hope
                  « Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »
                  Try this:

Double-click on the My Computer icon and go to the C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Enter the Matrix folder and double-click on the MatrixOptions.exe file. In this window turn off Force Object LOD.

If that doesn't work maybe you're encountering some type of strange codec related issue since this is happening on the intro. I'd suggest getting the latest and correct codec's by visiting the below link and downloading and instaling the CCCP.

http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp
                  -Albert Einstein