Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dynex wireless G card  (Read 2961 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Dynex wireless G card
    « on: January 17, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »
    My old computers hardrive broke on my old Dell Desktop computer so I moved it all to my gateway computer I had laying around. Both are desktops this gateway has a smaller case so I had some trouble getting the wireless G network card in. I have no idea why but this computer doesn't pick up my internet signal as good as my Dell did. With my Dell my wireless internet car was getting 36MBPS but with this computer I seem to be only getting 11 both computers were set in the same place so the signal shouldn't be affected at all. It wouldn't be a big deal but if I have too many internet windows up or I'm on AIM and using Firefox or internet explorer my internet will shut off and the connection will be lost. I Click repair connection and it tells me that theirs no signal in range. The card goes up to I think 700FT so I don't know what I could do to fix it. Right now from the markings on my computer it says its a gateway Series E anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Dynex wireless G card
    « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
    Did you re-install the wireless card drivers ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »
      Yeah I put the disk in and reinstalled it but I only get a signal of 11MBPS

litespeed14

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:39:14 AM »
        Also try unplugging the router for 20 sec or so to reset. Make sure your card is seated all they way into the slot. I noticed you said the MoBo didnt fit very good, so look down the length of your card in the slot w/flashlight and verify its seated good. Also you did remember to install drivers & software with card out. then install card. Ground yourself from ESD.

Also this may or may not be a viable leed but, did you change PSU or are you using the older gateway that was in there. You might hook up a tester to verify correct power and stability.

-J