Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adware.CDT  (Read 4926 times)

wonderer

Adware.CDT
« on: January 07, 2005, 05:33:39 PM »
 Norton AV picked up Adware.CDT on the last coupla scans, more specifically fresh-teens[1] html.  

It won't delete it and suggests I do the "registry" clean up by saving it, etc.  Is this the only way to rid it?  I tried searching for it and it did not show up.  Is it a concern?

Nance

Computer_Commando

Re: Adware.CDT
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 05:47:31 PM »

wonderer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »
Are you saying this is a virus????

I have Norton AV, Zone Alarm active.  I questioned how I can remove it.  I do not use floppies, or download from discs, etc.

Thanks for any help....
N

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 09:49:23 PM »
    wonderer......First of all.......what operating system are you using ? If Nortons telling you its adware.......what adware / spyware are you using ......
    If you wish to remove it from the registry .......
    click start / run / then type  regedit in the box and press enter .....when the registry editor box opens.......up at the top......click on the edit button......scroll down to find..and click on find ....now a find what box will appear ......type in fresh-teens  and click the find next button ......leave it alone and if its there it will open up the exact location and you can delete it. If its not there you will simply get the message " finished scanning registry "

But what I would do first is D/L and install Ad-Aware SE ........from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

When you have it downloaded and installed ......be sure and update it to get the latest update .....now run a full system scan.  It should find and remove it ......if for any reason it doesnt ........go into the registry and follow the info above .

let us know how you make out

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

wonderer

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 11:27:15 PM »
    Dl65 - thank you so much for your reply.  Unlike other responses, yours was so nice to see!  There are helpful people on this site.  God bless you.

I have all of the highly recommended stuff installed Zone Alarm, Search and Destroy, Pest Patrol, HiJack This, AD-Aware and nothing cleared it.

We finally found it by stopping the NAV scanning process when we saw it click on and gave us the name of the file, we deleted the IE temporary files it was in and then ran it again and it was still there, so we figured we had to delete the recycle bin, too.  That seemed to be the clincher.  Ran NAV and everything is clean.  

I will keep your instructions for future problems.  
    :)  Thank you so much for your advice!!!!