Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: xp prof deletion of history  (Read 2616 times)

oldmum40

xp prof deletion of history
« on: January 09, 2005, 03:52:24 AM »
Hi there

I am not all that good withputers, and I have just recieved my brandnew one, and it isrunning XP Prof and ie6

it wont autodelte history....that is...tools/options/delete history....

it simply stays there

theonly way i can delte is to hit thehistoryicon and manually ..one at a time...delte them..

any suggestions as to why?? and how i can fix it please???

I also have zdelte on my puter, and this also dosent work..

I also cant auto delte cookies..

I have clear history at 0....and have the empty internet temp files checked in advanced options...

it is as if there is checked somewhere to hold the history???

hope some one can help me..as it is driving me crazy..and if it is a install problem..i want to reformate sooner rather than later..

ohh btw...I have uninstalled and re installed office...for a problem with the email (outlook)

thanks all

mum

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: xp prof deletion of history
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 09:10:13 AM »
    I'm not sure what the problem is? If you want to clear history etc you will need to do it manually. What is the problem with the cookies?

To clear, close all open Internet Explorer windows, go to start > settings > control panel > Internet Options > delete cookies, delete files including offline files, clear history.

If you want the computer to stop saving history etc, then set the history days to record to 0.

oldmum40

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 04:03:56 PM »
    Hi there Neil

thanks for your reply, and what you are saying is what i do  BUT

what i am worried about is that this is a bad install or maybe a bug and it will cause me problems down the track...

i dont want to re format if it is a simple case of checking or uncecking a box somewhere

anyone know the answer please????

rriversp

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 06:41:50 PM »
    if its still under warranty take it back to were you bought it you shouldnt have to reformat a brand new computer just to delete your history and cookies ?