Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot get new pages to open up when a link is clicked on  (Read 2377 times)

discoal

Cannot get new pages to open up when a link is clicked on
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
For awhile now I have had this problem. In emails I receive that have a link in them to click, I click on the link and nothing pops up. I know something does sometime. Because when there is sound with it, I can hear the sound, but no page pops up. This problem also occurs when I am on different sites and click a link that would normally open another page. Again nothing pops up. But sometimes I can get around this if I right click 'open up in a new tab or window'. I believe a few months back when I was cleaning out programs I no longer used, I accidentally deleted something I did need. I am pretty sure this problem has nothing to do with a pop up blocker. Because I have tried this with the blocker on or off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, discoal
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:15:38 PM by discoal »

clwebb82

Re: Cannot get new pages to open up when a link is clicked on
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:19:08 PM »
Do you get any kind of "Active X controls" messages at the top of the screen?  Also check your internet settings.  You may have the controls set to high.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
What browser, what email program, what Windows version?

discoal

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »
Outlook express, windows xp and use internet explorer. not that skilled in computers. just the basics. thanks for any advice. by the way, i have tried 'system restore' when i started having this problem and it would not allow me to get back to before i was having this problem.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
Do you have Windows XP CD?