Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor went blank. on/off switch blinking  (Read 2901 times)

lilmissthis

Monitor went blank. on/off switch blinking
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:09:06 AM »
 ???

Hey everyone. While my boyf was at work today I decided to use his computer to just browse some websites. I left the computer on (bc it has the screen saver that makes the monitor go 'blank'). I came back to the computer about an hour later and moved the mouse. All of a sudden the monitor goes blank and the on/off light on the monitor is blinking green. I checked all of the powers cords, I even restarted his computer, but to no avail. I don't know very much about computers but I do know he has a Dell E151FPb 15" LCD Monitor which came with his computer a few years back.
I guess I'm basically asking -- is there a way to get the monitor in working order? Or am I doomed and need to buy him a new one?

If you need more information about his computer let me know. I don't know how I can tell what type of desktop it is without actually having the computer monitor on to look it up.

Thanks,
Liz

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Monitor went blank. on/off switch blinking
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »
    The easiest test would be to plug the monitor in to another computer (or another monitor into his computer). This way you can quickly determine whether the monitor is dead or not.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

lilmissthis

Re: Monitor went blank. on/off switch blinking
    « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:34:32 AM »
    I'm out the door to a friends house to see if my monitor works on her computer! I'll get back to you in a little while.