Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning a cd  (Read 7194 times)

prettyprincesss

Topic Starter

Rookie

Burning a cd
    « on: February 24, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »
    Can I burn a cd without having to upload it to an iTunes library.  And if so, how? Thanks!

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Burning a cd
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
    Do you mean burn a cd as in create your own cd, or do you mean RIP a cd, as in save the contents to your computer?

Furthermore, I realize you posted in the apple forum, but are you on Mac's OS, or are you on windows?  If you're on Mac OS, tell me what version you're using, so I can tell you what you are or aren't able to do. (If you don't know, click on the apple in the top left, then click on "about this mac."  It should say Mac OS X Version 10.X.X.

prettyprincesss

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
      a) burn a cd like make a copy of a music cd.  I know I can download it to iTunes and then burn the playlist to a CD but I was just wondering if there was an easier way.

b) I'm running Mac OS Leopard

socrates

Apprentice

• Yes
      « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »
      The iTunes way is pretty darn easy.. Click import, then click burn.

However, if you're looking for a program that makes copies of cd's (just put in cd, hit burn, and then put in blank one once it's done saving to the hard drive), there are plenty out there.

I myself use Roxio's Toast, but it's a full-function burning suite that you might not need (it's around $90).  However, there are much cheaper ones that'll do the same thing.  Just do a google search for cd burning mac.

geissap

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »
      Are you even talking about burning a music cd?

If your talking about just burning a data cd. Just right click or apple click the desktop and create a burn folder. Shove everything in it and hit the burn button.

socrates

Apprentice

• Yes
      « Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »
      Are you even talking about burning a music cd?

If your talking about just burning a data cd. Just right click or apple click the desktop and create a burn folder. Shove everything in it and hit the burn button.

exactly.  If you're not actually trying to do a music cd, and just looking to do data... this is the easiest way to go.  FYI, you don't have to right click or apple click, you can click File --> New burn folder, and continue with the rest of geissap's advice.  ;D