Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Notebook computer won't boot up... generally speaking.  (Read 12814 times)

GameAngel64

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Notebook computer won't boot up... generally speaking.
    « Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 09:44:57 AM »
    I sure am.  I sent them my info and now they have to send me packaging and whatnot.  They'd better not change their minds   ;D

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 01:58:30 PM »
    Hold on- I had  this exact problem with one of my laptops if I had the battery installed. Try removing the battery and just running of AC if it will let you...

OK, I just checked. My (REALLY OLD LAPTOP) Toshiba Satellite Pro 440CDX won't boot if I have the battery installed. It just blinks the led's a few times and shuts off- sound familiar?

Oh, drat- looks like you resolved the problem. Well- if you still have it I suppose you could try this...
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

GameAngel64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
      Hi, I still have the laptop for now but I did try running it on only AC power a while ago, in case the battery was the culprit.  Thanks, though.   :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 04:14:27 PM »
      well at least the manufacturer will do something- I highly doubt toshiba would be interested in fixing my laptop from 1996 lol.

Wow, 12 years old- I didn't even realize it was that old! Works great until I want either one of Windows XP,Networking,3d-acceleration, and so forth...

And then there is my OTHER laptop from 95, a IBM thinkpad. Running DOS 7 and Windows 3.1 :) has a WHOPPING 8MB of RAM! yippee!

Anyway, good luck with getting your lappie fixed!
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.