Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video cable connected?  (Read 2600 times)

timm

Video cable connected?
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:28:51 PM »
When i start up my pc, all that comes up on my monitor is "video cable connected?", ive had this problem before, all i did was re-seat my video card and it worked fine, i just got my pc shipped from CT, USA to Okinawa, japan. I think something may have gotten messed up during the shipping, also when i turn on my pc, nothing starts going, except for a kind of high pitch from the power supply, and none of the fans or anything starts up. So what im thinking is that its the power supply, but i want to get the opinions of other people of what i should try to do about this problem. Thank you.

thesulei

Re: Video cable connected?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 05:01:33 AM »
I don’t know about the video cable message you’re getting.
The problem you’re having with power sounds a lot like what happened to my computer when the power supply blew, I could be wrong but it’s probably a good place to start. See if you can get a different power supply to put in or take it to a shop and have them do it for you. If your computer is new get on to the manufacturer and ask them about it.

timm

Re: Video cable connected?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 07:38:14 AM »
i tried to replace the power supply, and still nothing. I also tried to switch the video card, i cant see what else could be except maybe the motherboard but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. thanks.