Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!  (Read 29468 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!
    « on: March 09, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »
    Orginaly It's a Pentium 4 Socket 478, Intel SE7210TP1-E Sever Board, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 300 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeon X1300

Know since it changed over.  I had just built a computer a while back ago.  But I get an ocasional error from time to time, Disk Boot Failure, Insert system disk an press enter.  I do and it restarts to my BIOS settings.  I exit it and restarts an it tries to install xp.  I remove the power cable to the harddrive and reconnect it.  Boots into xp but doesn't see the D drive at times.  Reconnect the cables to it and windows scans the drive and runs okay. Then the error starts again. It's a Pentium 4 Socket 478, BioStar Board P4M80-M4, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 300 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeoon X 1300. It was a refurbished drive, but I get the error even if I set the Slave SATA to be a master.  I googled the matter and found what I needed.  It told me that my firmware needed updating.  But after contacting Maxtor it said there isn’t any firmware updates.  So I finally got Seatools installed and ran it but it says "No HBA Has Been Detected."  Is that bad?  Its a windows version of the program.  These aren’t raided.  I have to run maxblast four to get this pc to work.  But when I run it, it doesn't see my mouse and the display is all differnt colors.  Which is part of he problem. 

Pentium 4 Socket 478, BioStar Board P4M80-M4, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 320 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeon X1300

I booted up the machine yesterday and didn't have any problems.  Then I unpluged it after it shut off, So I tried starting it and it would get to the xp load screen and then a blank screen appeared.  So I tried to format the drive, the maxblast colors were all wierd.  I thought the drive some how went bad like the one I had in the system before.  It sees it as a unknow partiton in the xp installation.  I don't have another machine that will see the drives, I have the orginal drive I took out but I don't want to open the case unless I have too.  Also the drive I had replaced it with is brand new olny about a week old. This shouldn't happen cause it didn't occur the first week, also afraid that the drive wouldn't show up and having to reinstall wind xp every other day and opening the case and reconnect and disconnecting the cables to them. I contacted Seagatr and they said

Nick TS174: ...
    Robert: Will it work on this drive Maxtor 300 GB Model 6B300SO Serial B603FP5H DiamondMax
    Robert: I was told there were problems with these drives
    Robert: The same problems are occuring
    Nick TS174: Im not aware of any problems with that device and that application.
    Robert: I was told there were it would I get an ocasional error from time to time, Disk Boot Failure, Insert system disk an press enter.  I do and it restarts to my BIOS settings.  I exit it and restarts an it tries to install xp.  I remove the power cable to the harddrive and reconnect it.  Boots into xp but doesn't see the D drive at times.  Reconnect the cables to it and windows scans the drive and runs okay. Then the error starts again.  I was told to update the firmware code but there isn't one
    Nick TS174: I think the progblems you are having here go beyond the abilities of chat support.

After a few more hours of some reshearch and hard work.  So what I'm able to tell know is its not the drives.  I conected an IDE and it had the same problem.  I dont think its the board or cpu as these were replaced and still the problems is there.  There is a 450 watt psu Xion Model LC-B450E set to 115 volts.  Large ThermalRight heatsink on the cpu.  Hope this helps as to pointing to an answer.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:39:39 AM »
      Just so we know that there arent any complications as to what has happend.  Sorry its so long.  No one I know has figured whats wrong with it.  I'm going to build a multi media soon an just in case this happens it would be helpful to know.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »
        Ring, Ring.... Can I have some help please?  I said please.  :'(

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »
          Come on guys.  :-\  I said please.  Its giveing me the exact same problems know and I finally had it booting regulary.  Know is saing NTLDR is missing and needs to restart and I tried the Xp repair and it didnt help.  HELP  :-[

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »
            I asked nicely.

homer

Expert
              « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 02:44:05 PM »
              i just really do not want to read that short essay of a post.

Know is saing NTLDR is missing and needs to restart and I tried the Xp repair and it didnt help.

re-format the dam thing. problem solved.

mr_skipper24

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50:53 PM »
                Check in the BIOS if its detecting the hard drive.
                homer is right re-format the hard drive (last option)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
                  The BIOS sees the driver Homer if you would have read the long post.  Sorry that it is but I would be doing that on a weekly bases seeing as the same problem is starting to develope as it had with the orginal drive.  Also I dont want to replace the MB again.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 04:45:09 PM »
                    Come on PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I dont know what to do since its not the drive the board the cpu the RAM.  I dont know.  Just help please.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 06:10:42 PM »
                      I asked with kind intentions

homer

Expert
                        « Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »
                        buy a new dam harddrive. maxtors are crap anyways.
                        « Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:51:40 PM by homer »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
                          Homer I'm getting tired of your intentions this drive is new and only two weeks old

homer

Expert
                            « Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »
                            Homer I'm getting tired of your intentions this drive is new and only two weeks old

congrats, i had a maxtor die on me in one week.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 03:59:19 AM »
                               I tried it with a working IDE its not the drives.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

homer

Expert
                                « Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »
                                it seems the only thing you havent replaced is the PSU, try replacing that. that might be the reason behind your D: drive not being seen on occasion.