Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!  (Read 29459 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!
    « Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »
    C: but I was starting to get that feeling it mite be two strong.  I got it with the case its self as one item.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

homer

Expert
      « Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
      there is no such thing as a power supply being too strong. and usually, not all the time, PSU's that come with the case are crap.

BTW i said the D: drive, not the C:
      Quote from: squall_01
      Boots into xp but doesn't see the D drive at times.
      Quote from: homer
      that might be the reason behind your D: drive not being seen on occasion.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 03:54:58 PM »
        Forgot I posted that, its a 450 watt psu in there, so I should get one with less wattage?
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

homer

Expert
          « Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 04:06:01 PM »
          read what i posted.
          there is no such thing as a power supply being too strong.

i suggest one of equal or greater wattage.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »
            600 or 650 watts then

homer

Expert
              « Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »
              you do not need anything higher then a 500w PSU for your comp's specs. if you are going to buy a new one, i recommend a corsair PSU. if you cant get your hands on a corsair, then OCZ makes good PSU's as well.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
                I'll look into then.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 06:29:32 AM »
                  So we all think that its the PSU with the exception of Homer?  I dont want to spend a few more dollars if it wont work.  I probably have about a thousand in this machine alone.  It would explain why when it boots the leds on the fans dont come on or the fan period and why the dvd drive wouldn't start.   So does any one second the motion?

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »
                  Borrow a known good one of the same or greater wattage...
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 11:53:07 AM »
                    Sorry should have thought of that.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
                      I have a question about my psu.  When I got it an went to plug it into the board the little square was with the big retanular connector an there was another little square that was a yellow color.  Are these for differnt wattages to the board? 

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »
                        Any one know?

homer

Expert
                          « Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 04:12:29 PM »
                          I have a question about my psu.  When I got it an went to plug it into the board the little square was with the big retanular connector an there was another little square that was a yellow color.  Are these for differnt wattages to the board? 

are you talking about the 20+4 pin main motherboard power connector? does the little yellow square have four pins on it?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 04:41:36 PM »
                            Yes,  didnt know what else to call it.  Yes,  it seemed odd cause the four pin white was connected to the 20 pin white.  But yes to the sec part if you didnt understand.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 04:45:09 PM »
                              The small yellow four pin connector would be a pci express connecter would it?