Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD Movies - "Single" Backup Play Copy - Not Pirating Purposes!!!  (Read 2645 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Does anyone know of a good piece of software that will allow for you to make a backup copy of a Copyright Movie DVD.

Most copyright software for example allows for a Single Backup Copy to be made.

"This is not to pirate movies!!!" ( Only Single Backup / Disposable Play Copy Purposes )

My 3 year old daughter keeps killing her DVD's by snapping and scratching them etc, and I figured that if I could dupe them, and give her the copies to play and keep the masters safe, I will save myself about $40 to 75 a month in movie replacements.

A couple of her no-name low budget DVDs will dupe, so I am all set there, but the higher end movies, that she plays more frequently, have protection that keeps me from duping with my computers DVD-RW drive.

Been tempted to buy a $25 video capture card and play from one PC into another to dupe video and sound to create the backup DVD play copies. Maybe this is my only alternative to make a disposable ( single ) play copy for her each time she needs one, unless the video capture cards have the anti-piracy chip that will black out the video like VHS players etc.

Any suggestions other than to keep the DVD's out of her reach which is impossible for a determined 3 year old, that wants to do everything on her own!  :-)

Thanks

homer

Expert
    Re: DVD Movies - "Single" Backup Play Copy - Not Pirating Purposes!!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:11:50 PM »
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/

this is the program i use. it rips and shrinks movies so you can copy them onto 4.7Gb blank DVD's.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
      Interesting Homer.  I use DVD magic made three out of the five only cause some are highly copyright protected.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »
      Thanks Homer... That works well, and the movies that didnt want to copy are now able to copy for backup purposes.

Thanks SOOO MUCH!

Dave