Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop Bootup Problem  (Read 1748 times)

maximum

Desktop Bootup Problem
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:28:07 AM »
Hello,

I am having a problem with my HP Pavilion a650y desktop computer and am looking for some help. About 2 weeks ago I shut down my computer because I was traveling. I left for 2 weeks with the computer shut down but plugged into a surge protector and then into the wall. Upon my return, when I press the power button, there is not response whatsoever from the computer - no sounds, lights, fans, etc. The same happens when I plug the computer straight into the wall and try to boot up. Looking around to the back of the computer, just below where the power cord connects there is a small green light. While the computer is connected to a power source, this green light clicks and flashes quickly.

While I was gone for 2 weeks I am told that the power went out a few times.

Can anyone offer some ideas as to what this might be?

Thank you for your time!

-Max

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Desktop Bootup Problem
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:14 AM »
    Sounds like the power supply mite have overloaded.  If the power went on an off like that.  Iwould try an get another one to test it with if possible.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

techhunter

Rookie

Re: Desktop Bootup Problem
      « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
      try to use another power cord if available..to see if you will still have the same problem..
       :)
      "achieve what's beyond your limitations"