Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AI???  (Read 7561 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

AI???
    « on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:39 AM »
    How do you creat an AI like the bonzi monkey?  I assume that he was made as a C++ Application.  With out the spyware.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Bones92

Hopeful

• Website Designer and Microcontroller Programmer
      • PIC Programming New Zealand
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: AI???
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 01:31:17 AM »
    With a whole month of rainy sundays :P

You can't just "go make a program" it does actually take some time... Specially talking programs... I've been working on one now for 2 years...

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:57:42 AM »
      I know that.  Just thought that it would give me something to do.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:43:38 AM »
        Attcualy I thought about changeing his code some what so that most of it is done just for my use only.  It is written in C++ right?

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »
          You can't just decompile C++ code.
          Reverse engineering code is a lot more difficult than actually writing code and something you shouldn't even consider doing unless you're a coding wizard. And let's face it, if you need to ask questions here, you're not even close.
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »
            I now, but how else will I make one unless I didnt myself.

Deerpark

Egghead
              « Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »
              I now, but how else will I make one unless I didnt myself.
              I'm sorry what? Could you please rephrase that sentence...

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:33:30 PM »
                I understand.  But how else would I do it unless I did it myself. 

Bones92

Hopeful

• Website Designer and Microcontroller Programmer
                  • PIC Programming New Zealand
                • Computer: Specs
                « Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 01:51:52 AM »
                Do you know any programming languages? If not, go to http://z15.invisionfree.com/ISURA_Solutions and ask for a lesson... they're quite good

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
                  • Yes
                  • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
                « Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 02:26:04 AM »
                You also have to be careful about reverse engineering code in the sense that if you base your "new" program on existing code that is proprietary, and it can be shown that what you write is derived from that source, it's all kinds of copyright problems.

The open source world is a lot friendlier in that sense -- licensing allows you to see and work with the code as long as you follow the guidelines of the code creator's license.

Poke around, Squall, and you'll find something in your level of knowledge...never hurts to ask, does it?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 07:59:31 AM »
                  Thats why I'm asking.  Is he coded in C????  OR not????

Deerpark

Egghead
                    « Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »
                    Why does it matter what programming language Bonzi Buddy is coded in?
                    You can write something similar in any programming language.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
                      Starting my own would take longer to do.  Plus I thought I could base my on the way he is coded a bit.  Like understanding how to get it to do some of the things he did.

Deerpark

Egghead
                        « Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »
                        I think I'm going to scream...

How exactly are you going to modify the Bonzi Buddy code? Do you happen to have a copy of the original source code?
                        Unless you do there is no way in h**l you're ever going to modify the existing code.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »
                          Theres a difference now between modify an using some of his code.  reverse engineering. 

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
                            • Yes
                          « Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »
                          I haven't seen that program in a long time.  If his / her program is open-source, you can look at ti, but if it's proprietary, you have to be extremely careful, as I wrote before...

You need to do what I need to do, Squall -- get involved iwth more of the open-source world -- there's a lot to be found at sourceforge.net.

When I wrote that it doesn't hurt to ask, I was supporting your curiosity.  Perhaps you might contact the makers of Bonzai Buddy and see how much they're willing to help you.

Deerpark

Egghead
                            « Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
                            Theres a difference now between modify an using some of his code.  reverse engineering. 
                            No.
                            Not when it is closed source.
                            But good luck with that...

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
                              • Yes
                            « Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
                            I can't cite you a specific example, Squall, but I know individuals have gotten in trouble, or at least wound up in court, because they reverse engineered software drivers for particular pieces of equipment so they could be used in the Linux world, and even though their intentions were good, they got in trouble, because the original writers of the proprietary code were able to show too many similarities between their code and what was written for Linux.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 06:58:55 PM »
                              Thanks to those that helped, even if you dont think it was much.  I was thinking about putting him on a 2k machine w/o an internet connection.  Also, I found one better then him with no malware!  ;D