Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Sims 2  (Read 7281 times)

Zylstra

Topic Starter

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
The Sims 2
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »
Product: The Sims 2
Product Group: Computer Game (PC)
        Subgroup: Simulation Game
        Other Platforms: A Macintosh OS version is available
                Console Platforms: Games by Maxis/EA are available for the PS2, PS3, PSP, Gameboy Advanced (color), GameCube, and X-Box. These games are not the Sims 2, however, they are similar games.
Primary Input: Mouse and keyboard, no game controller
ESRB Rating: T (my opinion, the equivalent of a PG-14 movie)
Price: $49.99 USD (without expansion packs)
Condition Bought In: New, unused, unopened. Bought from Fred Meyers (A Kroger company)

Brief, self written, game description:
The Sims 2 allows you to create a family in a 3D environment, and create them a house. You control the individuals in the family, creating individual actions, and watching them complete them. You can start creating your own stories, and playing them out through the game.

My Feedback:

I personally love this game. Its definably not something everyone would like, this type of game is very dependent on your personality.

Graphics Quality: Descent. In order to have the best graphics, you will need a good card that is compatible with the game.
Resource Intensive? This game is kind of in the middle. Its not incredibly resource intensive (a good amount of RAM helps the game run quite well.) But, descent RAM and CPU amounts should be continued.
Ability to Customize the Game through Hacks/Modifications: This game is compatible with Modifications/Hacks (I use www.modthesims2.com its worth the registration) and has a huge amount available for free to download.

This game allows you to create individually unique "stories," characters, families, and homes. You are not trapped in "Levels" with the same thing over and over.
I might take this time to mention that there is no way to "win" the game, your family will continue to move down by the generations.

Where to buy:

Any place that has PC games, as well as www.gamestop.com , www.eastore.ea.com , www.walmart.com .
About purchasing:
It seems that EA is now trying to get more people to buy the "Sims 2 Double Deluxe" which is a version of the game that has a combination of expansion packs included with it.
See the Sims 2 Double Deluxe here:
http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ea&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=99571900

Overall Rating: 5/5

I must bring up the point though, this is a computer game, and how you like it vs. my opinion of it are completely different. If you have any friends who have this game, you might try playing it on their computer first and see how you life it.

Warning! This game can be extremely addictive! Go outside and run for 30 minutes before you go ahead and sit in front of your computer for the next 10 hours.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
Re: The Sims 2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Another good review Zylstra. Sims to and the Sims series are a lot of fun and as Zylstra mentioned can be pretty addictive. Fun to recreate your home or places and people you know. It's a little twisted, but it's also *interesting* to also torment your Sims after getting bored with them, e.g. removing the door in a room to help get them or other people living with them to go crazy.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Zylstra

Topic Starter

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
Re: The Sims 2
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »
Or, you can do like my sister, and:

Have them go swimming and have the pool latter "accidentally" disappear...

I used to spend a TON of time playing that game. I still play it, but, by greatly reduced numbers.

I think the longest time I had ever played it was from about 12 noon to 8PM... eight hours, just the Sims.
(I try to avoid that)