Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP wont boot  (Read 2994 times)

jeileen

HP wont boot
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:42:25 PM »
It all started for no apparent reason - the cd writer decided to stop working.   ???

So I did some online research and after trying a couple of things (reinstalling drivers and unistalling the drive via the device manager) I unistalled the secondary IDE channel.  

Now the computer will not come back up on its own.  I did boot it up with a floppy but now I can not figure out what to do.  

Can anyone help? :-/

jeileen

Re: HP wont boot
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 06:48:25 PM »
I just remembered as well I did move some driver files into a temporary folder .....
so if i could somehow acess the c drive i would be in good shape - i think ......  in msdos to enter "C:" is not working any other ways to get there?

Zero42011

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 07:48:49 PM »
If you booted it with a floppy, try using D as your original C, it's worked for me before... kinda how a 98 floppy with swap your cd-rom from D (default) to E......

Also, try to post us the EXACT error you are getting when booting up normally.

jeileen

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 07:56:32 PM »
i can not read the error - the screen flashes quickly  from the windows screen to the hp blue screen to the safe boot screen.\

Right now I am following some instructions on HP site to recover the system with an internal recovery program.