Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook 2000  (Read 6209 times)

tigertron21

Microsoft Outlook 2000
« on: January 31, 2005, 12:22:22 PM »
 I have one client pc which has all of the sent items going to the Outbox, instead of the Sent Items folder. I checked all settings in options. All looks good. Just can't figure out why Outlook is doing this?? Any help out there?

Computer_Commando

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2000
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 03:52:06 PM »
Tools--Email Accounts.  View or Change existing email accounts.  Select account and then change.  Something is set wrong or PC is not connected to network.

John Chain

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 06:31:18 PM »
Are you connected to a POP3 and smtp server? Do you just connect outlook to an HTTP email account. If your after a POP3 and SMTP server I can tell you where and how to set that up. But first tell us the way you are connecting. Because items only go to your outbox if they can't be sent (I think). CC is right, something is wrong with your connection to a mail server.

John Chain

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 07:12:51 PM »
I'm sorry. Did you try pressing (CTRL-M) or Send/Receive. I tested an email with mine and went straight to my outbox. I hit send/receive and it sent it out of my site.

tigertron21

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 07:25:50 AM »
 It's a pop3 account and NOTE, e-mails are getting sent out. They are reaching their target destination. The problem is, instead of showing up in the sent Items, they go into the outbox.

John Chain

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 07:19:43 PM »
Oh okay, so now we have addressed the problem.

To tell you the truth, that is very odd. I also have Outlook 2000. When it says I sent it, it just deletes itself. It goes to my outbox. I tell it to be sent, and it's gone out of my life.

Maybe it is supposed to do this? Maybe we're just missing something here.

Here is how I am picturing this, tell me otherwise. You write an Email, click send. Then it ends up in your outbox. You hit send/receive. The message gets sent, but it is still in you outbox?

Very interesting. I am not sure. To tell you the truth, if the message gets where it is going, just delete them out of you outbox, it's a pain but what can you do. Good luck.

tigertron21

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 07:33:16 AM »
 Not a fix but, thanks for responding.