Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Memory  (Read 3793 times)

Zodiac_Wizard

Memory
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:30:21 PM »
I have some memory I took out of a old pent 1 compaq.
Do You believe it will work in a old Aspire/Acer computer?
If so do I just put it in the slots and boot the computer up and it reads it?
:-/

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Memory
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 08:43:59 AM »
Well.... Not sure... There are several different kinds of memory... PC133, etc... It depend on what kind the computer takes, and what kind of RAM you have...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Computer_Commando

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 10:58:17 AM »
If the memory physically fits the slots, you can try it without damaging the hardware.

Mimi

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 04:01:25 PM »
Be careful I did that with an old computer I got and now I get a long beep and nothing. Not even the monitor display nothing. So be very careful that the memory is the same as the one is alredy in the computer or it is compatible. OPk hope this help in some way.

Donnie Barlow

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 09:25:28 PM »
i tried to do that and now all i have is the power botton lights up the CD Rom, Floppy disc lights up and then it beeps 3 times. nothing on the screen and keyboard wont light up :'(. what did you do to correct the problem. i was told that if i put the Memory (Ram) into the slots and restart my PC and it booted up the Ram will work and if it didnt boot up then it wouldnt work so i tried that and thats what happened. teach me to listen to that person again :-[. anyways let me know what i can do to fix it couse im useing my back up tower and its really junk lol anyways thanks for your time 8) :D