Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Jack Thompson: Judge Recommends 'Guilty' on 27 Counts  (Read 4142 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Jack Thompson: Judge Recommends 'Guilty' on 27 Counts
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »
For those not familiar with who Jack Thompson is, he's the lawyer and one of the biggest critics against violent video games.

--

Lawyer Jack Thompson has long been more famous for practicing publicity stunts than law. But now it seems that Thompson's discipline has finally caught up with him.

Game Politics reports that the Florida Bar issued a 38-page complaint against Thompson in early 2007, and the resulting trial concluded late last year. Now the decision is in, and Judge Dava Tunis has recommended a guilty verdict for 27 of the 31 charges, including "knowingly making a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal" and "using means that have no purpose other than to embarrass, delay, or burden a third person." According to Law.com, Thompson filed a motion Tuesday to strike the recommendations as being too vague.

Link

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Jack Thompson: Judge Recommends 'Guilty' on 27 Counts
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »
Good. How many lawyers are left?

If these people had the same attitude when SMB was released, they would have thrown a fit. I mean, "Mario is eating MUSHROOMS and he gets bigger. This will cause children to go out and do drugs and be prostitutes and maybe even kill people...." I move that Nintendo stop publishing this filth and give me a million dollars for no reason.

Wasn't he the lawyer that kept defending those stupid kids and used games as an excuse?

WARNING: scenes occuring in your prison cell may be too graphic for anybody.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Jack Thompson: Judge Recommends 'Guilty' on 27 Counts
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »
Wasn't he the lawyer that kept defending those stupid kids and used games as an excuse?

Yep.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:25:02 PM by Computer Hope Admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein