Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: web page help  (Read 2976 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

web page help
    « on: May 18, 2008, 01:35:20 PM »
    This is probably a simple question but I know only alittle HTML and very little CSS. When I make a web page everything shows up on the page I want it but when I resize it everything moves on the page how do you make it so that when u resize the web page nothing moves on the page the page just gets smaller so you can see less. Can you only do that with CSS or can you do it with HTML? Again I'm pretty new to web design so I'd appreate the help thank you.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: web page help
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »
    ...  how do you make it so that when u resize the web page nothing moves on the page the page just gets smaller so you can see less. Can you only do that with CSS or can you do it with HTML?
    Your wording is confusing.  I believe what you really mean to say is, How do you make the page elements remain in a fixed position, even when you shrink your browser window?  In other words, when the browser window is reduced in size, the vertical and/or horizontal scroll bars will appear and scrolling is then needed to view the whole page.   Am I right?

You can do that with HTML and the way you can do it is to used number of pixels in your width attributes in your table tags, rather than percentages for width attributes or simply not using width attributes.  For example, <table width="500" height ="400"> creates a table 500 pixels wide and 400 pixels high. You may find that putting the entire page in a table (with fixed width) and then putting tables inside that outer table the best way to control your pages.

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: web page help
      « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »
      yes thats what I ment thank you for your help