Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Workgroup clients can access domain shares  (Read 11078 times)

gayanwicke

Topic Starter

Rookie

Workgroup clients can access domain shares
    « on: June 06, 2008, 02:53:30 AM »
    Hi,
    Im Gayan from sri lanka, im working for for construction company. curently i have server 2003 domain  controler. we are have 5more networks in our office building. most of them are workgroupe and those networks are interconnected. actualy my problem is other workgroupe users can access my domain user shares without providing any username & password. so i wanted to restric other workgroupe users to  access of my domain users shares.

Best Regards,

Gayan

piaaz

Rookie

Re: Workgroup clients can access domain shares
      « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:25 AM »
      Do you have AD setup on the 2003 server?

How do you share a file / files on the sever? do you just allow anyone to access the files or only authenticated users ?

Cheers

green

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 02:01:03 AM »

I think If you didn't  install  Active Directory,your server is standalone server.so you
        should install AD.
         green

gayanwicke

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:44:50 AM »
          hi,

i have installed an AD with server 2003 R2 and i have shred it with relevant user rights. but others can access those files

Thanks,

viking

Adviser
          • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
            « Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 02:53:37 AM »
            The guest user is allowed to access shares. Disable the "Guest" account.

green

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:55:05 PM »
              Yes ,
              Have you check  the guest account active for network connections in user account? The  Guest account is off by default.
              However this setting only applies to the ability to log on the local computer using the Guest account. Simple file sharing relies on guest access to shared folders and printers. To verify that the Guest account is active for network access.So I would try  in  the Command Prompt window, type net user guest, and then press ENTER.
               If the account is active, a line appears in the output of the command that states
              Account active   Yes.

best regards,
              green
              « Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:08:10 PM by green »