Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot send attachments FROM Outlook 2000 TO Outlook Express  (Read 2375 times)

NigelBirks

Topic Starter

I can send emails with attachments to anyone EXCEPT those with Outlook Express. They receive the email but no attachments.

If they reply saying "no attachments" and I "reply" to their reply again attaching the attachments, then the attachments are received!

When I reply to their reply the attachments go at the bottom of the email. When I am sending a new email (which is where the problem is) the emails appear within the text of the email.

I have Microsoft Outlook 2000, on Windows XPPRO.

I have seen this problem posted in last couple of months elsewhere - with no answers!

Any suggestions?

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
      Re: Cannot send attachments FROM Outlook 2000 TO Outlook Express
      « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
      it may be a problem with others e-mail clients... not yours. There is an option in settings to disable viewing or downloading of attachments

NigelBirks

Topic Starter

Re: Cannot send attachments FROM Outlook 2000 TO Outlook Express
        « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
        Recipients receive attachments successfully from other people.

More info:
        (1) The problem is not just Outlook Express, I have had it today with Lotus Notes.
        (2) I have found I can "fix" the problem by using "Plaintext" rather than "RTF" - but I would prefer a proper fix so I could use RTF and make my emails look better.