Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Diablo 3 Officially Announced  (Read 4501 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Diablo 3 Officially Announced
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:03:04 AM »

After weeks of speculation, Blizzard has officially announced Diablo III at its World Wide Invitational event in Paris.

Link
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Kenzie3d

Greenhorn

Re: Diablo 3 Officially Announced
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
    Yeah Blizzard also have given more information about the World of Warcraft expansion pack.

I'm watching the WorldWide Invitational now is anybody else watching it?

If you want to, which I doubt people do, go to:

Low Resolution

Main Stage
    Tournament Stage

High Resolution

Main Stage
    Tournament Stage

After downloading

Octoshape

So far the announcements are:

Diablo 3

Website - With a video of gameplay and the cinematic.

Features of Diablo 3 *Not my words*
    • Five powerful character classes to choose from, including the barbarian and witch doctor
    • Brand-new 3D graphics engine enhanced with spectacular visual effects and Havok physics
    • Numerous indoor and outdoor areas detailing new regions in the world of Sanctuary
    • Interactive environments with dangerous traps and obstacles, and destructible elements
    • Randomly generated worlds bolstered by scripted events for endless and dynamic gameplay
    • Vast assortment of fiendish monsters, with unique attack patterns and behaviors
    • New quest system and character-customization options for the ultimate action RPG experience
    • Multiplayer functionality over Battle.net with support for cooperative and competitive play

I've added screenshots of Diablo 3 here

(I've added them to a new bog standard website as html can't be used here and it confuses me how to make them smaller xD, but they are also on this website)

Download the official teaser from Rapidshare here.
    Or watch it online here without downloading.

World of Warcraft Classes

Druid
    • Entangling roots will work indoors.
    • Nourish will be a new healing spell, healing for more hit points for each HoT effect on the target.
    • No change to Cyclone
    Hunter
    • All kind of pets will have their own talent tree. A tanking talent tree, a DPS talent tree, and an utility based talent tree. Each kind of pet family will have its own talent tree and its own unique ability, which I think translates to for example a cat having a dps tree etc.
    • The shot clipping will be removed from Steady Shot, you'll be able to use it without "interrupting" your autoshot. So now Auto Shot also works while casting Steady Shot
    • There are going to be new pets in WotLK.
    Priest
    • Divine Hymn will be a deep-holy talent protecting your party from attackers, any attacks done to you or your party will cause the attacker to be afflicted by sleep.
    • The 51 point talent for Shadow Priests is Dispersion : You disperse into pure shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by -90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% health and mana every 1 sec for 6 seconds.
    • Guardian Spirit - Calls upon a guardian spirit to heal and watch over the friendly target. The spirit heals the target for 642 every 2 sec, and also prevents the target from dying by sacrificing itself. Lasts 10 seconds.
    Mage
    • Mages are getting a Frostfire bolt dealing Frost-Fire damage to make elementalists more viable.
    • Mage Armor now halves DoT spells cast on caster.
    Shaman
    • Totems are being "condensed" into a smaller amount of totems, for exemple Strength of Earth and Grace of Air totems will be merged into the same totem
    • A new weapon enchantment will be available "Earthliving Weapon". It will increase the healing power of the Shaman.
    • Flametongue will give spell damage bonus to the Shaman.
    • Totems are being moved to physical school, you can't counterspell anymore.
    • Totems will also affect raid members, not just the local party.
    • Shamans are getting "Hex", a polymorph-like spell on a medium cooldown allowing them to turn an enemy into a frog. The enemy cannot cast or attack but is still in control of his character, and is expected to be between 8-10seconds of CC with a 0.5sec cooldown.
    Rogues
    • Rogues will get a talent called "Fan of Knives", an AoE ability allowing them to attack all enemies within a short range. It will be some kind of "emergency" ability and you won't be able to spam it.
    • Sap will now work on more targets, humanoids, beasts, dragonkins, demons. "Anything with a skull and a brain inside of it".
    Paladins
    • Retribution paladins itemization will be moved to the same item as Warriors/Death Knights
    • A new reactive healing spell will be added - Hand of Purity.
    Warlock
    • Demonic Circle will allow warlocks to scribe a circle in the ground to teleport to it later with another spell.
    • The 51-Point demonogy talent is a Demon-Form, this will allow you cast AOE Shadowbolts
    Warrior
    • Titan's Grip will allow warriors to wear 2 hand weapons with a single hand.
    • Protection Warriors are getting a spell called "Shockwave" allowing them to damage and stun all the monsters in front of them.
    • Bladestorm will be a new Fury talent whirlwinding all enemies in range every x seconds for a few seconds.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »
    Wow, you put a lot of effort in that. The first two links don't work.

Good Job though!

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
    • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:17 PM »
    Great post Kenzie3d. Thanks.  ;D
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Kenzie3d

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »
      Hmm both links still work for me but they won't be able to show anything now as they were the live streams which of course are closed now ;)

randomuser83

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »
        Thanks for the info!!! I will be waiting on the beta to see if it will even be worth it. (Always had my doubts on the series :/)