Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: xp install problems  (Read 2171 times)

bill_h

Topic Starter

xp install problems
    « on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »
    I had an old laptop that I took apart and sold on EBay, except the hard drive.  I am trying to use the hard drive now for a carputer that I built.

I formatted the hard drive a when I parted the computer.  When I try to install windows xp with the install disk it does the partitioning / formatting stage and copies the files to the machine.  When it reboots it asks me to partition and format again and the process keeps going on like that. 

Any help would be appreciated

bill_h

Topic Starter

Re: xp install problems
      « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
      I am using the xp install disk.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
        • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: xp install problems
      « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
      When I try to install windows xp with the install disk it does the partitioning / formatting stage and copies the files to the machine.  When it reboots it asks me to partition and format again and the process keeps going on like that. 

Be sure to take out the install disk after setup and before you reboot the computer.
      "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
      --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano