Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unable to open website/freezes my computer  (Read 5339 times)

soozeth

Topic Starter

Starter

unable to open website/freezes my computer
    « on: July 06, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »
    hi i have not been able to open the spirit airline website,,,   it will not load, then freezes my computer....   i have used this website before but now no matter how i try it will not open

okay i am pretty stupid about computers ,,,   so now i will ad what you told me to ad to this request to solve the problem,,,,   

i have windows xp,,,    only change was to ad avast  ,,,,,,,   the only website i cannot access is spirit airline,,,,,,,,    it just will not load,, then when i try to end it ,,, it freezes my computer, to the point i have to actually shut it down with the on /off button

thanks
    « Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:38:11 PM by soozeth »

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

Re: unable to open website/freezes my computer
      « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:00:55 PM »
      Did you download Avast when you already have another antivirus on your computer? (Active or not)  And also, as per Broni and the rest of the computer hope community, post specs from the provided link above....

and welcome :)

soozeth

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
        no other antivirus programs,

woops,,  guess windows has one installed  ,,,   my computer is a gateway

but only website is spirit air,,, when i googled spirit airline, and scrolled down google i saw a blurb about someone elase with problem accessing spirit,,,   
        the advice to them was to open using foxfire,,,   i remember installing foxfire a couple years ago and having all kinds of problems with it,, when i wanted to uninstall  the program , it was nearly impossible  so i had to take computer to a shop to have them get rid of it,,, so  needless to say i am hesitant to put it back!!!!    i recieve email updates from spirit so i am not blocked from their site!

i called spirit ,,,,   well that was a real eye  opener,,,,  all phone agents have north american names,, jon,mary, richard,,  tom,,  but the call center is in malaysia,   thus , they respond with,, sorry ,, we don't know anything about spirit website ,  we have no access to anyone with computer knowledge,

"say  what"    yep thats right!   then if you question any further ,, they just hang up on you,,,, 

so you might ask ,, why would anyone continue to contact then or purchase tickets from them?   PRICE CURES ALL,,,,,,    I need to get back to Nicaragua
        the airfares are insane with all the other airlines,,,,,   came back to us on us airway  it took me 28 hours to get from nicaragua to west coast!!   

thanks

soozeth

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »
        Library? Friend's computer?

soozeth

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:09 PM »
          thanks ,  i'm out in the boonies,,,  but tomorrow  i'll make the drive to town  and search out  a computer,,,  not to convienient if i need to drive 20 miles every time i want to access spirit air!  maybe i should take my computer along and have an expert l;ook at it.

thanks again