Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no hardware getting power...  (Read 3204 times)

sean mcauliffe

no hardware getting power...
« on: February 23, 2005, 12:27:17 PM »
okay, i was trying to see if some of my old hdd still worked so i could get the data off them. During tryin to get the last one i had to work, the computer would start up but just wouldnt recognize that it was there. (I'm have 2 dvd drive- secondary master\slave.  and originally 1 hdd-primary master). Windows would load fine and everything. Then when i gave up on trying to get it to work, i took it out, and set the jumper settings back to normal on the original hd.  But now when i try to start the computer up. Neither the original harddrive or the dvdroms get any power. I checked all the connections and jumper settings, i even replaced 1 of the ide cables, with a new one i had laying around. The bios settings are set at auto detect and everything looks okay in there, except when i look at the hardware diagnostic part, the thing that says +5 Volts, is running at less than 5 volts, its at 4.something.
The computer is only a year old and this is really pissing me off. Please help.

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: no hardware getting power...
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 02:09:18 PM »
    Sory friend, you are not clear in describing your problem. You must have to be simple and to the point.

Redescribe your problem clearly.....
    Dur-E-Wahab
    do take care of you and others

sean mcauliffe

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:29:20 PM »
    Basically, my harddrive and my dvd players arent getting any power, when it says detecting primary master, etc etc etc, All come up as None
    whats going on

erik bouvin

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »
     ;D :D >:( ;D ;)

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 02:39:46 PM »
      Well friend.
      Make sure:
      Your hard disk's jumper settings are set at Primary Master.
      Your first DVD Drives's jumper settings are set at Secondary Maseter and other one as Secondary Slave.
      Your system BIOS the hard disk you are trying to connect. Is it greater than max size specified by the system BIOS?
      All connections are firmly connected and there is no dust in ur PC.

I hope that this will solve your problem.
      Take care of you and others and be happy.
      Bye...:)
      Dur-E-Wahab
      do take care of you and others