Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: One computer can’t access my computer while everyone else can.  (Read 4001 times)

Alkamar

Topic Starter

Rookie

Problem…
       I recently installed a new XP Professional computer on the network. I am trying to access a Vista computer, which everyone else can access even another XP computer. The new XP computer is a reinstall from a previous installation that was able to connect to my computer.
       Everyone can access the XP computer, but he cannot access my computer, and only he cannot access my computer…

I have tried over a dozen fixes, registries, Winsock Fixes, resetting int IP, tried even a new Ethernet card, and it is still not working…
    I need some help because this is just getting frustrating for me and I am about to drop kick it out the window…
       Can anyone help me?

Alkamar

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: One computer can’t access my computer while everyone else can.
      « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »
      At another person request I installed a program called “Network Magic” and it made things even worse, I couldn’t connect to the internet, It said that nothing was connected to the router, and windows said that I didn’t even have an Ethernet card.

I am forced to reinstall XP. Hopefully it is a good install and hopefully Network Magic didn’t cause any permanent damage (which I highly doubt it did) to the Ethernet card.

Alkamar

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: One computer can’t access my computer while everyone else can.
        « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
        That were was nothing wrong with the other PC, it was my PC... instead of just turning off all sharing, and disabling everything I have shared, I turned and disabled all sharing, restarted (most important part I guess) and logged back on, everything like MSN, Groove, and Windows Live Mail, all the passwords were reset and I had to type all the information again... strage as it sounds, I re-enabled all the sharing and it worked just fine...

So I suppose it's all good...

I'm just glad the Ethernet card I was using wasn't the one on the main board, it was that I had switched out to see if it was something wrong with the onboard ethernet controller...

Although it was a very good card it was a little out-dated.