Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Access database combo box issue  (Read 4881 times)

catz

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Access database combo box issue
    « on: July 28, 2008, 05:42:35 PM »
    I have 2 forms in a database which I’ll call form A (based on table A) and form B (based on table B.) A field on form B is populated using a combo box ( a list of names) based on table A. If the name is missing in the combo box it needs to be added to table A but I don’t want to have the user exit form B, go into form A, enter the item and reopen form B. I used a command button to bring up a pop-up form on form B where the user can enter the name to go into table A. The newly entered name won’t show up in the combo box unless form B is closed and then reopened.

How can this be made to work without having the user exit form B? What other ways are there to do this?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
    Re: Access database combo box issue
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:49:08 AM »
    Do you have VBA code behind these forms? You might be able use the AfterUpdate event for the combo box or add to the logic where the popup occurs and clear the combo box and reload after the database update.

Good luck. 8)
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

tranomis

Re: Access database combo box issue
    « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:01:29 PM »
    In Form A, in the COMBO box, go into VBA & in the ComboBox_GotFocus() put "ComboBox.Requery".  Be sure to substitute the name of your combo box for "ComboBox".