Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new wireless connection issue  (Read 2770 times)

ckoshka

new wireless connection issue
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:14:34 AM »
I recently switched to DSL from cable internet and my i did not have a phone jack where my PC was.  So I bought TRENDnet TEW-424UB USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter to go with my D-Link DGL-4300 router.  I have my laptop working great being able to connect, but i am not able to connect with my PC.  At first I still had the key passord securtity set up on the router, but when that didn't work i decided to clear it making it open and see if i could then connect... no go.  The odd thing is, that the wirless connection status is showing i am connected at very good to excellent and when i look at the wireless connection status it shows sent activity but not received activity.    I am using windows XP, and i can not think of what else i may need to tell you.  Oh one other thing, when i was trying to log on with my secured network, i was getting an error about  "network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits"  I used the exact same password i used to log into my laptop wirless connection and even reset it with a new security password which again worked on my laptop but not the computer.  So that was why i decided to take the security completely off to see if i could connect without the password.  Eventually i would like to resecure my connection of course.  I am clueless as to what to try.   Thanks for the help.

Michelle