Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Input on TV No Longer Working....  (Read 2845 times)

cm11599ps

Topic Starter

PC Input on TV No Longer Working....
    « on: August 13, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »
    Hey guys. I've been racking my brains on this and can't figure out what's going on.

I have an XP desktop on my wireless network in my living room. From the desktop I run into a powered VGA splitter so that I can send a VGA signal to my Sony 40" tv as well as a 17" monitor I have on the living room wall. I use the TV for internet browsing and such and then when I want to watch TV I simply change the input on my TV. The smaller monitor is still on and will display my photo screensaver after a few minutes. This setup has worked fine since March but all of a sudden it went kaput.

OK, so my smaller monitor still shows the computer display but my TV now says "No PC input" on the PC input setting. for the record I have not changed any settings on anything, it all of a sudden stopped working. All of the cables and such are brand new, having been purchased since March.

So here's a rundown of what I've done......

VGA out of computer to splitter then VGA cables running to tv and smaller monitor---------Only smaller monitor works.

Switching the VGA cables for smaller monitor and TV -------- Only smaller monitor works.

Going straight from computer to TV with 2 seperate VGA cables------ No picture on TV with either cable

Going straight from a DIFFERENT computer VGA out to TV ------- FINALLY a picture on TV.

What gives? Everything worked fine since March until a few days ago. That's when the PC input on the TV itself would display the blank "no pc input" screen but would flicker the computer display occassionally. Even while this was happening the display on the smaller monitor was not affected at all.

Then last night and this morning everything was back to normal but now it's back to not working at all. I don't even get the flicker of the computer display on the TV anymore.

I've tried different cables, I've made sure the cables are inserted tightly and I've changed resolutions. Any ideas?

merlin

Beginner

Re: PC Input on TV No Longer Working....
      « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
      Video card...Check with the store you bought from..

cm11599ps

Topic Starter

Re: PC Input on TV No Longer Working....
        « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
        Can it really be the video card if the small monitor still works?