Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba A75 won't start  (Read 2457 times)

j32475

Toshiba A75 won't start
« on: August 17, 2008, 06:28:34 AM »
Hi everyone,

My wife and I purchased identical toshiba a75 laptops about 3 yrs ago, last week hers decided to "stop starting".... when pressing the power button sometimes it will turn on and start to boot for anywhere from 2 seconds to 15 or so seconds then just shut off. I'm aware of the power jack problems, so I took it apart and did the power jack replacement, ..... still the same problem. because I have two identical laptops I was able to swap the memory and processor,.... still the same problem. I believe it is something on the motherboard because I physically have the motherboard out, no modem card, no wifi card, I hook up the battery and..... yup same thing, it will start only for a few seconds as stated above. has anyone seen this before or possibly have a idea of what could be wrong? I know there is additional ram on the board, could this be the problem? I'm really at a loss on how to further identify the problem, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

joe