Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The ATI Control Panel failed to intialize because no ATI driver....  (Read 3721 times)

doowopmario

Topic Starter

Rookie

This is a message I get whenever I restart my computer:

"The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed, or ATI driver is not working properly.  The ATI Control Panel will now exit."

I did a "clean install" of windows xp because my monitor would not display anything upon booting.  Well, after doing the clean install, the monitor problem persists.  I have the driver cd but it won't install what I choose.  It unzips the file and informs me to follow the wizard installation, but the wizard installation never starts. 

I have no idea what to do and there is no other case like this on this forum.  Somebody please help!

stevejohnson1958

Re: The ATI Control Panel failed to intialize because no ATI driver....
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
    It may be a simple case of just making sure you have the latest driver for your video card, but we'll need to know what you have installed inside your computer...and what operating system.

You may want to start here:  http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html