Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop sees my network but won't connect to it(linksys Problem)  (Read 3422 times)

warlord2080

Topic Starter

laptop sees my network but won't connect to it(linksys Problem)
    « on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:37 PM »
    I've bought the linksys rangeplus model wrt110 it is wireless connection. if i turn off the security for my router my laptop picks it up and connects it sucessfully.  when i try to connect to wpa2personal security i entered the password correctly that i set to my router it stays on aquireing network address and stays there until it times out there is no connection when it times out. please if anyone have ideas to fix it i would be happy. my laptop i'm trying to connect is a dell lattitude  d830 with dell wireless 1390 wlan minicard with  1394net adapter and broadcom netXtreme57xx Gigabit Controller. my wireless  router connection is connected to my main computer to give internet ip signals and only this computer can access to the internet. i've did a diagnosis of the wireless on my computer and it passed all the courses its working properly.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:17:37 PM by warlord2080 »

warlord2080

Topic Starter

Re: laptop sees my network but won't connect to it(linksys Problem)
      « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »
      well no matter now i figured it out by myself forgot to turn off windows firewall

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: laptop sees my network but won't connect to it(linksys Problem)
      « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:35:39 AM »
      Lol, ok. Problem solved?